Welcome to the DSAO!
The Disabled Sailing Association of Ontario (DSAO) is dedicated to providing people living with a disability the opportunity to learn about and enjoy sailing. The DSAO is a non-profit charitable organization founded, organized and run by people with disabilities, and is uniquely attuned to the needs and desires of its participants.
The DSAO mission
- To provide sailing opportunities for Ontarians regardless of ability or age.
- To provide unique, enjoyable experiences for its participants which include opportunities for social, recreational, rehabilitative and competitive activities.
- To build confidence and self-esteem for people with disabilities, and enhance their independence.
- To facilitate the integration of disabled and able-bodied recreation and competition.
The success of sailing as a recreational and rehabilitation program for the disabled is evident in both the growing numbers of people that participate in these programs, and in the enthusiastic support that the DSAO has already received from disabled communities, along with other organizations and funding agencies. Supporters are inspired by the fact that the lakes and oceans of Canada serve as great healers and equalizers: people with mobility impairments can leave their wheelchairs (and their disabilities) behind, and enjoy the independence and freedom that one experiences when wind, sun and spray join forces to make a perfect sailing day.
DSAO Latest News
2014 Toronto Boat Show great success!
Special thank you to all those who volunteered at the boat show, thank you volunteers from both Burlington Able Sail and QQDSP (Toronto)!
People in Motion Show June 6-7
With representatives from both Burlington Able Sail and QQDSP (Toronto)
QQDSP Chapter Latest News
- May 15 : Office Opens; Staff Training starts
- May 17 : Opening Day 11 AM – 4 PM
- May 18 : First full Day of Operation
QQDSP Accessible Parking
If you have a Blue disabled parking permit, you can take advantage of accessible parking spaces in any Harbourfront Center parking lots, including P3 which is the closest to QQDSP (north side of Queens Quay West north of QQDSP). Parking in the disabled spots is $4. a day.
Burlington Chapter Latest News
BAS Important Dates
June 17: opening day
Hours: 10AM - 4PM
DSAO Chapter members are members of DSAO. As such all members of QQDSP and Burlington Able Sail are members of DSAO. Members of DSAO are responsible for appointing and electing the governing Board of Directors each year at the Annual General Meeting (AGM).